Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Drum and Bass, Commodore Amiga Style!




Boy 8 Bit makes a D&B mix from back in the day using a Commodore Amiga!

From his myspace blog;

"When I was a lickle yout I used to make Drum and Bass / Jungle records on my Amiga - 4 channels of 8-Bit samples using Octamed, a 'tracker' program (Ask your Dad). All of this was stored on Floppy disks, not even the high density ones you use on a pc. They held 800k.

Other fun things included 2 channels being panned hard left and 2 hard right. No Eq'ing or VST effects here. No effects at all. Except ones you could enter via Hex Codes!!

In fact this is where I got my name from, the fact I used 8 bit samples on my amiga, nerdy I know. Its stuck ever since. It suggests i'm part of the whole Nes, GB, C64 ting - which I love to bits, but isn't really what my music is 100 percent about i.e. I dont soley use a gameboy or something, more take influence from... erm.

Yes

Annnnyhow, here is a poorly put together 10min mega mix of my Greatest moments as a D&B Producer..."

Boy 8 Bit - Drum and Bass Mix using Commodore Amiga (Direct Link)

No comments: